Dating hattingen Online one on one sex chat room without registration

On the whole refurbished WW2 parts were used to construct these 'like new' jeeps but in the early 1950s Hotchkiss started making spare parts for Willys jeeps under licence in France so inevitably some WOF (Willys Overland France) stamped parts would have merged into the pool of vehicle Maltourne factory making it difficult to accurately date an ITM jeep from its number.

When finally sold at auction during the 1970s onwards, ITM jeeps were also often described generically as '42 Willys MB' , 'Willys MB', Willys US 1948 model.

This continued to be the case until the factory finally closed in 1978. The final output of jeeps in 1978 consisted of MILAN missile launchers like the example below (which has had the launching post removed).

Etablissement de Rserve Gnrale du Matriel Automobile) at La Maltourne near Paris began the task of repairing and rebuilding the jeep stock.

In reality it was not just a workshop but a factory complete with a production line for assembling 'like new' jeeps from refurbished parts.

To achieve this 6 volt body tubs were modified and converted to the new 24 volt specification.

It is common to see these adapted tubs with floor starter switch holes welded up, twin aerial brackets at the back etc.

This work continued until 1978 and the jeeps it produced contained an ever greater mix of Ford, Willys & Hotchkiss parts as time went on resulting in much confusion about the identity of so many French army jeeps. Jeeps that required only minor repairs or modifications e.g.

conversion to 12 volt were lucky in a way in that they retained their original MB or GPW chassis identity which would be retained until they were finally demobbed and sold at auction.

Lot 502 is, or more correctly was, originally a Willys MB dating from 1942 - note the six digit chassis number. It was constructed from a complete mix of refurbished WW2 jeep parts in 1956 and the American origin of the chassis lost.

It was however rebuilt in 1970 (605 registration number) and so the chassis would have been the only part remaining from the original vehicle, the rest of which would have been reassembled from a mix of refurbished WW2 and post-war French parts. It was rebuilt again in 1970 (the 605 registration number) and at the time of sale would also have contained a good mix of refurbished Willys, Ford and Hotchkiss parts.

Unfortunately these jeeps lost their original chassis identity and were given a new ITM chassis number and date of birth.

ITM stands for 'Inspection Technique du Material' which indicates that the jeeps were not given their new identity until they had been accepted as meeting the required standard by the army.

Interestingly, I have found no examples of ITM jeeps made in 1957 and it would appear that WW2 GPWs and MBs were losing their American Ford and Willys identities to become ITM jeeps up until 1960la Maltourne workshops in increasing numbers to be rebuilt.

Tags: , ,